Monday 23 November 2015

Determining worth


It is not about how you judge things, but how you see it.

              Two years ago when I was still a Nursing student, I took NSTP class and to be honest, at first, I, I mean we, all thought that the National Service Training Program is a waste of energy, especially when you have Human Anatomy and Physiology at the same time. Some of us expect boring things to happen, instead of going to school we rather choose to review for our major subject. First impression is important, but everything deserves a SECONDS CHANCE, even I deserve a second chance.

            The first meeting I was not able to attend due to a fever that is caused by my period. I was very disappointed because that is the time where I can escape to reality and live my dreams in a simplest way. Art is some how my passion. For me, decorating is not only sharing your talent and ideas, but it is also about sharing HOW COLORFUL YOUR LIFE IS. I became more disappointed because it's not about the grades or the attendance but helping others in the easiest way you can. The second meeting, we are tasked to buy gifts for the children on the upcoming Christmas party, but sad to say I was not allowed to go to Divisoria for safety reasons. I know how dangerous out there, so I did not think questioning my mom's decision. Mother knows best.   

            The Christmas party! I was very excited because Christmas party is one of the highlights of December. When I was a child, I thought Christmas is waiting for Santa Claus for a box with something you want badly. But as I grew, I realized it's all about sharing your blessings and being together. That day, December 7, 2012 we are not just attending a party but we are the organizers. The other course that is scheduled with us is tasked for the lunch of the kids. Luckily for us, we are tasked to make them smile, enjoy and give love. That day, you can see how happy the children in Brgy. Jump. Even as we go, you can see their smile is still intact and saying thank you and hope us to be back. 

            Being 17 years young, a college student, not working but was able to help is a good experience I will never forget. Chances are there not just to correct your mistakes, but to DETERMINE WORTH. Now, I realized NSTP is NOT A WASTE OF ENERGY BUT AN OPPORTUNITY .    .

No comments:

Post a Comment