Friday 28 December 2012

BARCINO REVIEW



              It is 24th of December, we check in at the One Greenbelt Hotel in Makati to spend our Christmas Eve without a long drive home. We planned to watch the Dancing Light and eat at Ayala Triangle while waiting for the Christmas Eve. But unfortunately, we arrived at the Ayala Triangle and it's already closed. We watched the news that Trinoma has Dancing Lights too. I am so disappointed, because we can celebrate our Christmas Eve near our home. Instead, we decided to eat and not to go back in the hotel. We go to Greenbelt 2 and find a place to eat. We reserve a seat at Italianni's but we are the 11th one and on the other Japanese restaurant but we are the 5th one. We are so hungry so we tried at Barcino because there are available seats. By the way, Barcino is a spanish style restaurant. Now, let's go on the proper review:

GAMBAS CON BACON

               We ordered Gambas Con Bacon for our appetizer, it is just simple fried prawns wrapped in bacon. I love bacon and prawns but I didn't meet my expectations. The bacon is tough and too chewy. It is also salty but the ranch dip slightly controlled it. The dish is a bit pricey; it cost P525.00 for 8 pieces.

ENSALADA CATALANA P275.00

A heraty mix of salad green with fresh tomatoes, onions, hard-boiled eggs, carrots, fuet with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.   
              The salad is affordable because it is have and good for 4-5 persons I think. The salad is good but I didn't like the sauce because of the balsamic vinegar. It's too strong and I think I'm drinkng whiskey not eating salad.

 ESPAGUETIS A LA CATALINA

               Espaguetis A La Catalina is just simply spaghetti with red sauce. It is also affordable; it cost P335.00. Good for 3-4 persons I think. It is like ordinary spaghetti with a bit twist. I think they use wine in every dish in their menu because Barcino is not only a spanish restaurant but also a wine and bar. 

U.S.A STRIP LOIN

             I really love our main dish; the U.S.A Strip Loin in medium rare; good for 4-5 persons I think. It is so tender and the tomato sauce that comes with it is a perfect combination to the strip loin. It also comes with mashed potato that is good for 2-3 persons I think. The dish is heavy and worth the price that cost P795.00.

 SALMON A LA BRASAS

                Our 2nd main dish is Salmon A La Brasas; it is a grilled salmon with tomato sauce, mashed potato and grilled veggies(eggplants, potatoes, carrots). I also love it; if you want healthier and lighter go to the Salmon but if you are a meat lover person go for the Strip Loin one. The Salmon is fresh and cooked perfectly and the tomato sauce is also perfect combination with the Salmon.

             Our desert is Creama Catalana; it is just simply Creme Bur Lee. It is a bit pricey because it is like Leche Flan with burned sugar on top. But the taste is good it's not too sweet, the texture is perfect, it's not too soft and the burned sugar is perfect it doesn't taste burned; its sweet. It cost P225.00 good for 2-3 persons.

               I also love their shakes, we ordered Watermelon, Melon and Apple Shake; it comes with frest fruit also. The taste is perfect because you can really taste the fruit not the sugar or maple syrup. I think they use honey to control the sweetness.

Big smile on our tummy reflects on our faces.

NOTE: It is all my OWN opinion you might like it or not like it too. Thank you for sharing your time reading my blog. If you have questions or opinions feel free to share it with us. FOLLOWS, COMMENTS and QUESTIONS are so much appreciated. I will be blogging more about product or service and tips about fashion, beauty, make up and more with my twist the daily happenings in my life and outfit of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment