Wednesday 26 December 2012

REVLON COLORSTAY REVIEW

                My acne started 2 years ago when I was still 2nd year high school student. Every time I looked at myself in the mirror I feel so disappointed and my self-esteem drops. I had searched how to cure my acne, they say acne can’t be cured but you can prevent it. I tried a lot of medications but nothing works. So I decided if I can’t cure it; I will hide it. I buy new make up almost every week not because I’m addicted to it but I can’t find the best product to suits my condition. I have watched a lot of foundation routine in YouTube but I am afraid wasting money in a product that doesn’t work. Last May 2012 I decided to try the Revlon Colorstay. I bought it at Robinson Galleria for P825.00. It’s expensive but it might be worth it. So I have been using it for 7 months this means I am satisfied and I can review it because now I know the product well.

                Revlon Colorstay promised to last up to 24 hours. Which is a big lie, it can last but the coverage can’t.  The coverage will just last up to 10-12 hours only. Not bad for a drugstore product. What I love about this is it acts as your foundation, concealer and powder. It provides medium to full coverage; you can add layer as long as you get your desired coverage. In 1 layer it can conceal my redness and blemishes but not the bumps of course; in 2 layers it can perfectly conceal my under eye circles. It gives me flawless finish even though I have break outs. “A little goes a long way” The product is thick and pigmented so you better not over use it because it will be your worst nightmare. It will give you cakey look and disgusting face which we don’t like at all. We want to have a perfect flawless face not to add our age. It has no pungent smell not like other foundation. Its light weight you can’t feel you have foundation once it’s completely dry. They also offer a lot of shades and I’m sure you can find yours too.

                I hate the packaging at all; it doesn’t have a pump so you better be patient and careful to avoid wasting the product. The bottle is made of thick glass that adds weight on it. I suggest you buy a plastic bottle with pump; you’re going to spent P50 but you’re going to save a lot. The product also dries quickly so you better blend it fast.

                I also suggest using it with brush; it can blend the product well and fast. As I said the product is thick so you can have hard time blending it with your fingertips.  Also blend the product from inner to outer of your face and one part of your face at a time to equalize it. And never use powder after applying the foundation; powder your face 2-3 hours or when you feel it’s completely dry.

APPLICATION:
                I prime my face first, using my Skindinavia Make Up Setting Spray and my ELF Mineral Infused Primer. I let it sit for a while so my skin will absorb it. Next, I pour the foundation on the back of my hand so I can control the amount before I put it on my face. I use my Sigma F80 brush to blend the product well.  After applying foundation I spray it again with my Skindinavia Make Up Setting Spray set it and makes my foundation last longer. 

PROs: medium-full coverage, lot of shades, works as concealer, no scent
CONs: no pump, dries quickly, needs a brush, not 24 hours coverage
Over-All Rating: 5/5

NOTES: Skindinavia Make Up Setting Spray and ELF Mineral Infused Primer will be on different blog. SWATCHES WILL BE POSTED SOON. Thank you for sharing your time with us. If you have questions or opinions feel free to share it with us. FOLLOWS, COMMENTS and QUESTIONS are so much appreciated. More reviews, tips and discoveries soon; plus add our twist the daily happenings and outfit of the day. Don’t forget to Follow us to be updated on our latest blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment